Zero-cost textbooks may include open educational resources (OER), library ebooks, or other materials available to students at no additional cost.
If selected, PALNI will provide you:
- A module-based learning guide for adopting a zero-cost textbook
- Support for the textbook adoption process through email consultation and/or web office hours
- A $500 stipend
In order to receive the stipend, participants will be expected to provide (by the start of the course):
- Review the Zero-Cost Textbook Adoption learning modules
- Verification of the change from commercial to zero-cost textbook via syllabus submission
- Agreement to follow up with mid- and/or post-semester information. Includes the following:
- Student Perception Survey
- Student Success Tracker
- PALSave Course Tracker (number of students, previous textbook)
To apply, please fill out the application at this link, and include a short personal statement addressing these questions: Why are you interested in adopting a zero-cost textbook? What are your barriers? What do you hope to learn by participating in this program?