The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI) is accepting applications for Library...
Call for applications: 2024 PALNI Library Innovation Grants
The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI) is accepting applications for Library Innovation Grants. The application deadline is March 15, 2024. Learn more about the Library Innovation Grant.
Program Overview: The funding provided by PALNI Library Innovation Grants aims to optimize library resources and services in ways that significantly expand the ability of supported organizations to support teaching and learning at PALNI institutions. Funded programs, projects, and initiatives must align with PALNI strategic priorities and support PALNI deep collaboration.
Grant Amount: Up to $20,000 will be awarded per year
Grant Period: Up to one year
Cost Share Requirement: No matching requirements.
Eligibility: Any employee from a PALNI supported organization library may apply. Collaborations between PALNI libraries or between the library and other areas in the PALNI supported college, university, or seminary, are eligible and encouraged.
The detailed description of an innovative program, project, or initiative that results in new or improved tools, products, services, or organizational practices will include:
- Program/Project title and brief overview (300 words or less)
- Institution name, complete mailing address, and background (number of students, faculty, and related information)
- Name and title of person submitting the application with contact details (email and phone)
- A list of the key personnel who will direct the implementation of the program
- Key program partners, if any, and their role in the program. Applicants should ensure that all project partners are aware of and agree to their roles in the project and should supply a letter of support documenting this agreement
- Measurable objectives and key activities and outcomes/impact of the program
- Program goals and implementation plan, including timeframe
- Evaluation and, if applicable, sustainability plan
- Overall budget with breakdown of costs and, if any, other sources of funding and alternative funding possibilities should the grant only supply partial funding.
- Explanation of how other institutions can replicate the program or project
- Explanation of how the proposed project aligns with PALNI strategic goals
- Application materials should be no longer than 15 pages
- PALNI restricts use of grant funds solely to the purpose of the grant. Funding must be utilized as proposed in the application unless written adjustment is requested by Grantee and approved by the PALNI Executive Committee.
- Grantee will maintain accounting and financial records and shall furnish copies of bills, invoices, cancelled checks, receipts, etc. to the PALNI contact upon request.
- Under no circumstances may Grantee expend, borrow (inter-fund), pledge or transfer grant funding for reasons unassociated with the stated purpose.
- Grantee may reallocate budgeted items up to 10% of individual line item amounts provided that prior written notice is given to the grantor. Any other changes in budget require prior written approval of PALNI, contact Kirsten Leonard firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any portion of the grant remaining unexpended at the completion of the project or at the end of the period shall be repaid to PALNI within 30 days unless the PALNI Executive Committee, in its sole discretion, shall otherwise specify in writing.
- If the Grantee fails to meet any of the agreed upon requirements of the grant, PALNI may at any subsequent time by notice to the Grantee require repayment of disbursed funds, full or in part.
- PALNI may, at its expense, monitor and conduct an evaluation of procedures and operations under this grant through visits, observations, or meetings with participants.
- Grantee shall submit the text of any proposed news release concerning the grant to the PALNI contact for review (by the ED, chair, DCM) and approval prior to its release date.
- Grantee shall provide a detailed summary of results in person and in writing. The grantee is committed to present at the next scheduled PALNI Symposium or All-Staff meeting.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2024
Committee Decision: April 12, 2024
Funding Released: May 3, 2024
Report Due: July 11, 2025
Employees of PALNI institutions can find the evaluation rubric and more details here. Those who are interested in applying should contact:
Kirsten Leonard, PALNI Executive Director
or Molly Reed, Strategic Communications Director